Customer Readiness Testing Engineer
chez Fortinet à Sophia-Antipolis en categorie transport-logistique
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company’s fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry’s highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations’ most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments – be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs.
Country France [FR]
Title Customer Readiness Testing Engineer
Req # EMCS0685
Job Status Full Time Regular
Functional Area IT
Fortinet, a public company, is the only provider of ASIC-powered, network-based antivirus firewall systems for real-time network protection. Please visit our website at www.fortinet.com for more information. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. With offices in EMEA, we are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
Fortinet is growing and we are expanding our EMEA Customer Readiness Testing team in Sophia Antipolis Technical Assistance Centre, we are looking for test engineers with a strong experience in network security (preferably in a technical support roll or a QA type of testing roll).
The Customer Readiness Testing team performs tests designed to specifically replicate the customer environment in which the Fortinet products are used with the end goal to improve the confidence in our released software builds.
We require candidates with the ability to gather and analyze customer information, to set up complex testing platforms, to define and execute test cases, and to report the test results.
All positions require the ability to write clearly to provide full information as well as to understand and interpret written information.
**Please note that this is not a technical support position.
• Analysis of the service request (information provided by Fortinet TAC teams or directly by the customer)
• Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
• Writing test scenario according to the testable requirements
• Simulate customer traffic from simulator tools
• Execution of test cases
• Analysis and technical investigation of problems involving all Fortinet products
• Follow-up with R&D departments to resolve product issues
• Test reporting
• Creation of technical documentation and bulletins to improve internal and external knowledge base
• Take initiatives and ownership of the test campaign to drive for results
• Develop core competency on Fortinet’s product line and technologies
Skills and Attributes Requirements:
• Strong understanding of data networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP, routing and switching is required
• Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning
• Work experience with Fortinet products an advantage
• General knowledge of software testing an advantage
• Administrator level working knowledge of Windows, Linux or Unix skills an advantage
• Scripting knowledge an advantage
• Good understanding of Web application concepts, security and vulnerabilities an advantage
• Effective oral and written communication skills
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• Three years or more experience in network security (technical support or QA)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Advanced knowledge of English (written and spoken), other languages are an advantage
Recent jobs at Fortinet